Hiring a reputable managed IT service provider can reduce costs and increase efficiency – but how?
Many companies rely on licensing their software and setting up their own networks – but this can be a risky strategy:
- Licenses are needed for every company computer and are expensive.
- Employees might be tempted to use unauthorised software; a hotbed for malware.
- Company data being moved between company PCs via a network or a storage device can present a danger to your IT security.
… the number of new malicious programs registered by the AV-Test Institute every day.
By embracing managed IT services, you can get your business up and running with invaluable hosted technology services including Software as a Service (SaaS):
- All software is stored and accessed via the Cloud, meaning you can access your data from any computer; the provider will sort your networking issues out for you.
- There’s no need to pay for licenses, install security updates or fret about compliancy.
- Your company will always be using the very latest version of popular software packages.
Don’t rely on a single IT guy for your company’s needs; they might fall ill or leave the company…
… an IT outsourcing company will always have a qualified team on hand to help with all your IT needs – day or night if required.
Backup & Security
Many companies have poor or no backup/security processes in place:
- Hard drives fail all the time; and yours are no different.
- Lost data can have profound effect on a company’s bottom line and client relationships.
- Data security is often treated as an afterthought by SMEs, leaving companies vulnerable to hack attacks.
Managed IT service providers can take care of the backing-up process and security for you:
- All data backed up for you.
- A hard drive going down in your office will have zero impact on your company’s data.
- Reputable managed service providers use the latest security software and hardware to keep their clients’ data safe.
… the percentage of UK businesses who are unaware of how much they currently spend on data protection; don't be one of them...
… the amount cybercrime costs the UK economy a year.
Move to the Cloud
Remember, not all hosted technology services are the same:
- Be wary of providers who are cheap and have no track record; what would happen to your data if they went bust?
- Some providers use proprietary systems that do not allow your data to be moved to another hosted technology service. Avoid them...
Employing managed IT service providers means:
- They will locate the right hosted technology service for your needs and will oversee the entire transfer of your data and operations.
- Ensure your data is available and accessible 24 hours a day.
- Move all software to the Cloud to avoid up-front licensing costs and potential compliance issues.
- Have proper backup procedures in place; hard drives fail.
- Source the right managed IT service provider to ensure that you're getting the best service possible.
- Let IT service providers take the strain for you so you can focus on running your business.