From slow broadband and printer problems to how best to implement a far-reaching IT strategy plan, unlock the power of your IT.
A company's IT infrastructure forms the backbone of its operations. And one that isn't running at 100% can hold back employee productivity and impact on your bottom line. While you can invest more honing your IT, there is another way – hire in managed IT services.
1. Downtime Disaster
While large businesses generally have access to an IT department, many SMEs are finding themselves:
- 'Putting out fires', reacting to each issue as it arises and dealing with 'symptoms' instead of what might be the root cause of their IT failures.
- Relying on an inevitably expensive IT expert to come in and sort out an issue as and when they arise.
- And even hoping employees themselves can sort out IT problems...
Instead, consider outsourcing your IT to a managed IT services provider who are:
- On call 24 hours a day if needed so your problems are dealt with immediately in a cost-effective way.
- Maintaining, upgrading and replacing IT continually – so the chances of downtime are greatly reduced in the medium- to long term.
2. Hassle Factor
Backups, security, data management, general support – the list of a company’s IT responsibilities are far-reaching and potentially expensive.
Managed IT services can drive down costs by:
- Ensuring all your data is backed-up on their servers.
- Keeping your data safe and secure with top tier security systems.
- Offering an expert team to contact in the event of an IT problem arising.
- Maintaining robust systems at all times.
3. Remote Access Revolution
Business is moving into the Cloud, whether you're ready for it or not.
According to the Federation of Small Businesses, cloud services are one of the key technology investments that are having a positive impact on business innovation.
But only 26% of small firms are investing in new technologies such as the Cloud.
While making the move to Cloud technology might sound intimidating, its benefits are substantial:
- Hosted technology allows employees to remote access their work from anywhere, maximising their efficiency.
- If a hard drive goes down in your office, your workflow won't be interrupted; all your data and software is hosted in the cloud and can be accessed from another computer in a matter of seconds.
Many managed IT services include hosted technology as standard with their IT packages, meaning you can experience all the benefits of the Cloud – without any of the headaches.
4. Moving Goal Posts Banned
You might be considering a complete overhaul of your IT infrastructure in-house. But as the Harvard Business Review revealed in a survey of IT projects, nothing is ever quite that simple...
and 1 in 6 run over by 200%
Managed IT services are experts in IT projects, all at a fixed price, so you know your bottom line from the outset, and are guaranteed a new IT infrastructure that will work – plus one that is upgradable.
- Downtime caused by something as simple as slow broadband or printer problems can impact on your bottom line.
- Use managed IT services to sort out your existing IT processes from backup to security, and beyond.
- Embrace hosted technology; it's proven to liberate business and employees.
- Consider hiring a managed IT service provider to take the strain when creating an entirely new IT structure; it could save you big money.